Roasted Veggie Salad
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 50 min
This is one of my go-to weekday meals. I make a whole lot so that I have a couple of healthy lunches leftover too. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables and toppings!
Approx 1 kg of a variety of
vegetables (i.e sweet potato,
beetroot, parsnip, carrots)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp dried timian or rosemary
Salt & Pepper
Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190℃ fan assist.
- Chop veggies into similar sized pieces, approx 1×1 inch. Add to a large ovenproof dish or baking tray covered with parchment paper. Veg should not overlap too much to allow even roasting.
- Drizzle with oil, add seasoning of your choice, a couple of pinches of salt and ground pepper.
- Let roast in the oven for around 40-50 minutes, stirring half-way through.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa or other grain (i.e.bulgar wheat, couscous, brown rice) as per instructions on the packet.
- When vegetables are done, let them cool slightly and then mix together with leafy greens, quinoa, and top with crumbled feta cheese, toasted pumpkin seeds and sprouts. I like to drizzle mine with balsamic vinegar or high quality pesto.